Saturday 16 March 2013

Music Video Feedback

When asking my target audience to give me feedback, I ensured they were familiar with the genre of the song, so they would know what to expect in the music video, despite the Drum & Bass/Dubstep genre having no clear stereotypes. The first person I asked to give me feedback was a friend who produces the genre, called Matt Davies (Portanexus), from Bournemouth. Here is an example: He said: "I like the use of lighting in the video but effects look pretty stock (not original)." The second person I asked was also another Drum & Bass/Dubstep producer called Liam Ralph (Lakeway) from Exeter. Here is an example: He said: "I like it, but some parts could be a bit brighter, like the part with you in the tub" Another Drum & Bass producer I asked was Danny Prunty (Shadre) from Wigan, he said: "I'm liking the different shots you got on this video, guess its just the shakey camera at some points, would be better if they were at fixed angles" I also asked a house producer (Ben Boughton/Phrixus) to get an opinion from a different genre. He said: "This is looking good".

A friend's mum saw my video on her daughters laptop screen and decided to tell me: "Robbie your music video clearly demonstrates your creative vision and you should really consider a career in this industry! Fabulous! Jacqueline P"

No comments:

Post a Comment